If you’re looking to enjoy lunch or dinner on Lake Lure, then Larkin’s on the Lake & Bayfront Bar and Grill is the place to be. In fact, Larkin’s on the Lake is the only lakefront restaurant on Lake Lure. There motto is “Drive, Boat or Swim … Just Get Here”. I might even add … or float on over. Larkin’s on the Lake has a great boat dock with slips to tie up your pontoon boat, canoe, kayak or big float for that matter.
The Bayfront Bar and Grill is located downstairs with inside and outside seating and it is open everyday at 11:30 serving lunch and dinner. At 5:00pm when Larkin’s On The Lake opens, the Bayfront begins to serve the entrée menu as well as continuing to serve the lunch menu. The difference from upstairs and downstairs seating is that Larkin’s On The Lake is entrees only upstairs seating and the Bayfront is burgers and sandwiches as well as the entrees after 5:00pm with inside and outside seating. The atmosphere is also different of course.
They offer a broad range of menu items from Prime Rib, Seafood, Chicken and Pasta Dishes … to Ribs that fall of the bone. Whenever we have been there we see lots of plates of ribs on the tables so that is definitely a favorite dish. We also really enjoy their burgers. The Black and Blue Burger is my favorite.
If you’re thirsty … not to worry. Larkin’s has a full bar and offers 6 draft beers and lots of bottled beers and wines to choose from too.
The Inside Scoop — What People May Not Know About Larkin’s on the Lake:
– They host a Wine Tasting/Pairing Event Monthly. There are special themes for each month such as Warm Up With Reds, Dessert Wines, etc. We’ve got the wine tasting events on the Around Lake Lure Event Calendar, but it’s best to check Larkin’s website for the special themes that they announce closer to each event. Reservations are required.
– They have a Locals Night each month except during the summer. Locals Night features a special theme with a dinner buffet menu, as well as drink specials. Reservations are also required for these events and schedule details can be found on our Events Calendar or on Larkin’s website.
– They schedule Seafood Wednesday during the summer months. Yum!
– The host Holiday Specials such as Valentine’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day and more. Check the Events Calendar to learn about these.
Please note that the hours of operation change seasonally so be sure to check out their website via the link below to see hours of operation before heading that way.
Address: 1020 Memorial Hwy Lake Lure, NC 28746
More Crazy Good Fun:
- For local dining favorites in Lake Lure and Chimney Rock see, Eat Your Way Along 74A – Discover What Locals Love About Lake Lure Dining . Or, if you’re in the Rutherfordton/Forest City/Spindale area, see 5 Legendary Restaurants of Rutherford County North Carolina
- Thirsty? We got you covered with our Beer Lovers List of Area Favorites & Asheville Breweries which are kid and dog-friendly.
- For our top picks for nearby hiking trails, see Top 12 Hikes Around Lake Lure, NC – A Hikers Paradise
- Or, visit our “Best of Guide” to Area Parks, Paths and Scenic Trails Around Lake Lure
- For a list of all our detailed hiking trail reviews, see Area Hiking Trails In Lake Lure NC and In Nearby Towns
- If waterfall hikes are what you’re looking for, cool off with these 7 Scenic Waterfall Hikes Around Lake Lure, NC
- If you’ve got kids and are looking for more for super-fun things to do with them, see 27 Things To Do With Kids in Lake Lure, North Carolina