- This event has passed.
Dirty Dancing Festival
September 14 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
This two-day celebration of one of the world’s most treasured pop-culture films features a film screening, dance lessons and movie performances by the Asheville Ballet Company, live bands playing soul-filled hits from the 1960s, and a variety of vendors and film-inspired activities. Every year the celebration is punctuated by the hilariously renowned Lake Lift Competition where daring couples test their re-enactment skills of Baby and Johnny’s iconic water scene.
Friday Night September 13, 2019 – Kick-off Party and Dirty Dancing Movie Screening
Kick-Off Party” at 5 p.m. on Sept. 13th featuring live music, dance lessons, entertainment, followed by FREE public admission to the film screening of “Dirty Dancing.”
Saturday September 14, 2019 – Dirty Dancing Festival – 9:00am – 5:00pm
Join us for the Annual Dirty Dancing Festival in beautiful Lake Lure, NC.
Channel your inner Baby or Johnny at the “Dirty Dancing Festival at Lake Lure.” Set against one of the film’s original, breathtaking backdrops, the festival will celebrate our love for this iconic film and raise money for various local causes in a fun, family-friendly atmosphere.
Whether you have two left feet or can dance circles around the best of us, this eventful weekend is dance-packed from lessons and games to competitions and entertainers. Don’t miss this exclusive opportunity to remember a treasured film, raise money for a noble cause and dance the night away!
Swing, sway, dance and play at The Dirty Dancing Festival in Lake Lure where much of the 1987 motion picture was filmed. Fans relive their favorite moments with a screening on Friday night followed by a family-friendly festival on Saturday with live music, dance performances and lessons, watermelon races and the popular Lake Lift Competition. Thousands of visitors from more than 24 states and many foreign countries attend the annual festival. Proceeds benefit the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network, the organization fighting to defeat the disease that took Patrick Swayze’s life.
Dirty Dancing Festival Fun Includes:
Full Day Festival Activities and Entertainment:
- Live bands featuring 1960’s beach & soul music
- Open dance
- Dance performances & lessons by the Asheville Ballet
- Kellerman’s Festival Talent Show
- Shag Lessons and Amateur Shag Competition
- Watermelon games presented by the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
- Arts & crafts vendors
- Lake Lift Competition – in the lake!
- Food and beverage vendors will be onsite
- Plus a Beer, Wine, Cider Garden
Advanced ticket sales end on Tuesday, September 10, 2019 at 11:30 p.m. and range in price from child to adult for activities on both Friday and Saturday night as follows:
- Friday Film Screening Kick-Off Party, 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.: $5/children (4-10-years-old) or $10/adults (11-years-old and older). Gates open to the public at 8 p.m. for free admission to the film screening, which begins at 9:15 p.m.
- Saturday Dance & Music Festival 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.: $10/children (4-10-years-old) or $25/adults (11-years-old and older).
Tickets sold on the day of each event are priced as follows:
- Friday, September 13 at 1 p.m. – Film Screening Kick-Off Party: $10/children (4-10-years-old) or $15/adults (11-years-old and older). Gates open to the public for free admission on Friday night at 8 p.m. for the film screening.
- Saturday, September 14 at 8:30 a.m. – Dance & Music Festival: $15/children (4-10-years-old) or $30/adults (11-years-old and older).
The festival benefits the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PANCAN) to help find a cure for Pancreatic cancer. This is a tribute to the film’s late star Patrick Swayze.