Beer Lovers … you’ll be in heaven with the selection of breweries in and within a short drive of Lake Lure, North Carolina!
The Asheville area is the beer capital of America! Per capita, Western North Carolina has more breweries than anywhere else in the country. Within 30 miles and a 45 minute drive of Lake Lure, NC, there are over a dozen micro-breweries and more are springing up all the time. Most – if not all – Asheville breweries and other area favorites have tasting rooms, give tours of the brewery and some even have stage set-ups for live entertainment. You could literally spend a week touring breweries.
Hickory Nut Gorge Brewery -We first need to start off with our local favorite – Hickory Nut Gorge Brewery is our local nano brewery nestled on the shores of the beautiful Rocky Broad River in Chimney Rock Village. It boasts big views of Chimney Rock, amazing outdoor deck space and good beer! It’s also kid-friendly and dog-friendly (within the outdoor spaces) and you can even dip your toes in the water along the sandy banks of the river. Life doesn’t get much better than that!
Locator Map and Location Lists – Asheville Breweries, Black Mountain Breweries and Hendersonville Breweries
Below is a locator map and location lists of all the current Asheville breweries, Black Mountain breweries and Hendersonville breweries — 14 in total. These include micro-breweries, nano-breweries (smaller than micro) and brew-pubs located within 30 miles and/or a 45 minute drive of Lake Lure, NC.
Click on any one of the numbered markers for Brewery Name and Address. Below the map is a numbered list of the corresponding locations. Follow their links to find out taproom hours, tour times and dates for live entertainment. Please note, some taprooms only accept cash so come prepared with cash so you can have fun and, of course, drink responsibly.
Interactive Brewery Map
2. Burial Beer Company – 40 Collier Avenue, Asheville, NC 28801 – (828) 475-2739
3. French Broad Brewing Company – 101 Fairview Rd., Asheville, NC 28803 – (828) 277-0222
4. Green Man Brewing Company – 23 Buxton Ave., Asheville, NC 28801 – (828) 252-5502
5. Highland Brewing Company – 12 Old Charlotte Hwy., Asheville, NC 28803 – (828) 299-3370
6. Hi-Wire Brewing – 187 Hilliard Ave., Asheville, NC 28801 – (828) 575-9675
7. Lexington Avenue Brewery – 39 N. Lexington Ave., Asheville, NC 28801 – (828) 252-0212
8. Oyster House Brewing Company – 625 Haywood Rd., Asheville, NC 28806 – (828) 575-9370
9. The Thirsty Monk – 92 Patton Ave., Asheville, NC 28801 – (828) 254-5470
10. Wedge Brewing Company – 125B Roberts Street, Asheville, NC 28801 – (828) 505-2792
11. Wicked Weed Brewing – 91 Biltmore Ave., Asheville, NC 28801 – (828) 575-9599
Black Mountain Breweries
12. Lookout Brewing Company (nano-brewery) – 103 S. Ridgeway Ave., Black Mountain, NC 28711 – (828) 357-5169
14. Southern Appalachian Brewing Company – 822 Locust St., Hendersonville, NC – (828) 684-1235
Another NEW favorite … not even on the map yet.
Sanctuary Brewing is a craft brewery in Hendersonville, NC. They combine amazing beer with a strong animal advocacy. Dogs are welcome and they’ve got great home-brewed beers and there’s always something else fun going on inside! Definitely check them out.
Two “Big Boys” Come to Town
Two big boys come to town – Sierra Nevada and New Belgium.
Sierra Nevada Opened Spring 2014. The facility is located in Mill River not far from the Asheville airport and will sit on 190 acres. Being that Sierra Nevada is an extremely environmentally friendly company, most of the land will be kept in its natural state; but, the company does plan to build a trail system with access to the French Broad River. The Brewery has a taproom, restaurant, gift shop and an outside area for live entertainment. It’s amazing!!!
New Belgium will be next to open its’ doors with a scheduled opening date of May 2, 2016 for their “Liquid Center” Tasting Room. Starting in May, beer fans can kick back along the French Broad River in Asheville and sip a Fat Tire in New Belgium’s sparkling new “Liquid Center” tasting room. On May 2 the doors swing open at 21 Craven Street, Asheville, North Carolina, and beer fans can taste locally brewed New Belgium beers for the first time at the brewery’s new location. Tasting room hours will be Monday through Saturday, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Sunday from noon to 8 p.m. Public brewery tours start this summer.
Enjoy exploring all the wonderful area breweries in Chimney Rock, Hendersonville, Black Mountain and Asheville. There’s a lot to choose from in close proximity to Lake Lure. We’ve enjoyed many and we hope you do too. We hope this list helps you quench your thirst as you discover all the amazing local craft beers available in the area. Please remember to drink responsibly and have a designated driver.
More Crazy Good Fun:
- If you’re hungry after a hike, we can help with that too. In the Lake Lure Chimney Rock area, check out: Eat Your Way Along 74A – Discover What Locals Love About Lake Lure Dining or if you’re in the Rutherfordton/Forest City/Spindale area, see 5 Legendary Restaurants of Rutherford County North Carolina
- For our top picks for nearby hiking trails, see Top 12 Hikes Around Lake Lure, NC – A Hikers Paradise
- Or, visit our “Best of Guide” to Area Parks, Paths and Scenic Trails Around Lake Lure
- For a list of all our detailed hiking trail reviews, see Area Hiking Trails In Lake Lure NC and In Nearby Towns
- If waterfall hikes are what you’re looking for, cool off with these 7 Scenic Waterfall Hikes Around Lake Lure, NC
- If you’ve got kids and are looking for more for super-fun things to do with them, see 27 Things To Do With Kids in Lake Lure, North Carolina